Monday 1 December 2008

Of Moss and Men


It's the 1st of December, the yule tide is here, and once again I have come to the realisation that truly, moss is the devil's work. I know I'm all 'green' and what have you, but even I get a fit of the screaming ab-dabs rummaging though great auld dirty bags of wreath moss. There are THINGS in there... More things than last year... Plus the bag I have looks all green and mossy and delectable on the outside, but inside it is full of brown, nasty, un-mossy stuff. Nevertheless I have continued, and am quite pleased with my little wreath-lets, even though at their heart lurks the dingy moss of doom...


I made some willow rings earlier last month for some dried wreathy delights, and, despite having got quite giddy on the fumes from my hot glue gun today, they are looking very nice too. And yes, I hear all you 'but you should wire everything on individually, glue is for losers' people out there, and to you I say....tthhbbbpppp.


All these wonderous things will be on sale at my stall at the Great Dixter Christmas Fair this weekend! Come one, come all, grab your maiden aunt, coerce your children, bribe your parents, blackmail your spouse and come get festive.


Also check out the lovely e-advent calender at Green Union. Behind every door is an eco-tip, and if you send in a good one you could win a highly valuable prize from me! Or, if you're lucky, one of the other lovely people involved...






No comments: